Screened porches in Virginia. One of the happiest concepts in home ownership is the screened porch. It is intended for enjoyment of the beauty of the outdoors, to capture cool breezes and birds singing on a warm day, to shelter you from hot sun, rain and pests, to give you a view of the garden and wildlife. Furthermore, it creates an oasis for a private retreat or family get-together.
View pictures of screened porches.
Deckscapes of Virginia offers many styles of porches from traditional country and wrap around, to sophisticated contemporary or three or four season screened porches. Whatever your tastes a porch is a great place to relax and to visit with family and friends and to enjoy the seasons.
Deckscapes of Virginia Screened Porch features include:
- Custom Design
- Post and Beam or full foundation construction
- Built to blend with the architecture of the house
- Cathedral Ceiling
- Removable Screen
- Tongue and Groove Decking
- Roof style to complement your home
- Storage space solutions under your porch
Standard Porch Options
At Deckscapes of Virginia, LLC we offer many features as part of our standard porch, they include:
- Pressure Treated railings with tongue and groove clear grade pressure treated flooring.
- We also use the Screen Tight screening system, which allows for easy repairs by the homeowner.
- We use a Larson or similar quality storm door to finish the area securely. The porch or gazebo also has screening under the flooring to keep insects from entering through the gaps in the flooring. A variety of shapes and sizes are available for your porch or gazebo and it can be customized to accommodate your outdoor needs.
- The roof includes shingles to closely match the existing house.
- The interior of the roof is finished with CDX ply-bead and unfinished pine beam rafters to provide an open airy feel.
Upgrade Porch Options
- Choice of flooring up-grades - Customer can choose flooring to match the deck area including all the composites, Redwood, Cedar, IPE (Brazilian Redwood) or Mahogany.
- Custom millwork and decorative touches on the screened areas to include molding or scroll cutouts or similar special designs.
- Adding electrical outlets to accommodate computer or other items is a popular upgrade to make the space usable as a comfortable retreat to work or catch up on correspondence.
- Ceiling fans and or lighting can be added to add a cool breeze or mood lighting to your gazebo or porch.
- Special patterns and inlaid designs customized for your deck are always available. This includes diamonds, sunbursts, waves, etc.
- Finished interior roof to include finished tongue and groove 1”x4” ply bead in fir, cedar or pine add a classy touch to your gazebo or porch and can be accented with up-shining lighting accenting the roof and providing indirect lighting.
- Railings may be upgraded to include any combination of railing styles or types in accordance with the customer’s preference. In addition, a popular upgrade is using composite railing in white to accent the interior. Combinations of Dekorator brand metal balusters with wood or cedar posts and rail caps are also popular and add a distinctive touch.
- Gutters to closely match the existing house if needed are also available as an upgrade option for every porch or gazebo if desired.
View Picture of the Screened Porches